venerdì 5 ottobre 2007

Portaocchiali

Okay, the other day I was running errands in Trento before my first day of language class for the year and I had my sunglasses case (portaocchiali) in my pocket. Since I constantly lose things, I kept checking every-so-often to make sure I still had it. Well, as you might suspect, by the time I got to class the case was gone. After my few minutes of reunion time with my fellow students and teachers after our long summer break, I started looking in the classroom and eventually in the hallway, but to no avail. When Om asked me what I was doing, I told her I'd lost the case. It just so happened that one of my new classmates said on his way to class he saw one of the clerks at the Diesel store in piazza Battisti pick one up off the ground. I thought, this is great, how often it is that someone can tell you exactly where you lost something. So after class Om and I went to the Diesel store and the woman there said no Danielle at the Benetton Kids store had found it. Of course we went to the Benetton store and the woman there said she had left it at the bar on the corner, Bar Citta'. The guy at the bar said he had no idea what we were talking about, and proceeded to talk to us in English, which was funny too because I don't think his English was better than our Italian. So we ran back to the Benetton store and the woman stuck her head out the door and pointed to the planter in front of the bar where she had left it. Thankfully it was still there, although it doesn't surprise me at all. There has been a brown sweater at the train station for several weeks and no one had taken that, not even the person who lost it. But the whole incident is fairly typical of Trento. As everyone says here, Trento is really a small town.

1 commento:

Vanillaorchid ha detto...

I burst in laughing for what u said about the guy in that bar!!!

I totally agree with you!!

Sono scoppiata a ridere per quello che hai detto dell'uomo al bar!

Sono assolutamente d'accordo con te!